This page was last updated July 18, 2018.
Your privacy is important to us. To help protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Your personal information is not required to visit this website. Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested or required by our contact form.
The Information We Collect:
- We collect and store the name, ranch name, phone and email address of users who fill out and submit our contact form. The information will be stored for up to two years. It will be used to send out information regarding our-program, cattle, beef for sale, or events.
- We use non-identifying and aggregate information collected from site traffic tools to better design our website using analytics tools. IP addresses are anonymized to remove personally identifiable information.
- Our host server automatically collects access data for each site visit for its site logs. This may include the name of the website, files viewed, date and time of the visit, browser types and versions, operating system, and the IP address (a numeric address for your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider).This is not linked to any personal information, except to the extent necessary to prevent fraud or abuse. This information is stored for 6 months.
Why We Need This Information:
We need personal information in order to respond to your requests for information.
The Way We Use Information:
We will always take reasonable steps to keep all personal data secure and inaccessible to unauthorized individuals. Your information is maintained on a secure web server in a protected server facility.
Cookies are small text files that reside on your computer, and the information they contain is set and accessed by the servers of the websites that you visit.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is different, look at your browser’s Help documents to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. But, if you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Third Party Services
The content or services of third-party suppliers are incorporated into our site as part of the display, functionality, or , such as fonts. The incorporation of third-party content is always subject to the third-party supplier being aware of your IP address; they cannot send content to your browser without an IP address. Your IP address is therefore required in order for the content to be shown or the service provided.
- We use external fonts from Google, Inc., (‘Google Fonts’). Google Fonts are incorporated when a Google server is accessed, usually in the USA. Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement, thereby guaranteeing compliance with European data protection laws. For more information: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- We use Font Awesome fonts loaded from a CDN on the site. Font Awesome requires an IP address to be collected and stored at the CDN location and collects data about what icon files are downloaded and when. For more information: https://fontawesome.com/privacy.
While we make every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Although we don’t offer user accounts, if you have submitted a contact form you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We keep the data we need to do our work, and for tax purposes for at least 7 years after your last purchase.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility with 24/7 monitoring in place.
Our order form asks customers to enter sensitive information (such as email addresses and phone numbers). That information is protected by 256-bit encryption via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) (More information about how SSL works can be found here).
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. If you have questions about their practices, please contact them directly.
Notification of Changes
How To Contact Us
If you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us via the contact form or by phone.
Broken Winds Cattle Company/Comanche Cattle Company
Eric Kershen and Joe and Christina Beltz